Rep. Daniel Webster, R, FL-Dist. 11, September 12, 2023
Washington, D.C. — Florida Congressman Daniel Webster, R-Clermont, released the following statement following Speaker McCarthy’s announcement of the House opening a formal impeachment inquiry of President Joe Biden.
“For months, House Republicans have conducted methodical oversight investigations into President Biden’s influence peddling scheme and have uncovered serious allegations into his conduct. Unlike the Democrat’s soviet-style impeachment of President Trump, House Republicans are committed to conducting a thorough investigation into President Biden in the pursuit of oversight and accountability.
“Following numerous witness testimonies and interviews, including that of the former business partner of the president’s son, we’ve learned that President Biden lied to the American people about his knowledge and involvement in his son's business dealings. By launching a formal impeachment inquiry, the House Committees on Oversight, Judiciary, and Ways & Means will have additional tools needed to further investigate serious and credible allegations of abuse of power and corruption by the President and gather evidence necessary for accountability. Americans deserve answers and expect accountability.
“I will continue to work with my colleagues and do my part to ensure that President Biden and his administration are held accountable for any wrongdoings.”
By Jordyn Pennington, Villages-News.com, Sept. 10, 2023
Gordon Chang will be speaking at an event later this month hosted by The Villages MAGA Club.
Chang and guest speaker Melissa Beaudoin are set to appear at a rally on Sept. 22 at the Rohan Recreation Center. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. with the pair taking the stage at 6:15 p.m. Tickets are $25 each and available at either https://villagesmagaclub.org/ or by calling (352) 492-8856.
The event is open to the public with no Villages ID required to enter. Additionally, light refreshments and a 50/50 raffle will be available for guests.
Chang is an American journalist and author of The Coming Collapse of China. He is an expert on relations with China and a news contributor to both Newsmax and Fox News. His attendance at the rally will be to discuss “China’s War on America,” detailing its global influence and the potential implications for the world.
Beaudoin will be educating the audience on becoming a poll watcher.
The Villages Magazine, "Giving Back" (pages 14-17 in the digital version)
FLORIDA STATE TAX HOLIDAYS FOR 2023 & 2024
The 2022 Florida Legislature passed, and Governor DeSantis signed into law, nine (9) sales tax holidays or temporary exemptions and a motor fuel tax exemption. The calendar linked below details the dates for each exemption period for 2022, 2023, and 2024.
For more information, visit floridarevenue.com/salestaxholidays
OCALA, Fla. — Today, Governor Ron DeSantis signed House Bill 7071 which provides more than $1.2 billion of tax relief for Floridians.
The bill provides for ten sales tax holidays for a variety of items commonly purchased by Florida families, including fuel, diapers, disaster supplies and, tools. A one-pager on the bill can be found here. The 10 tax holidays through June 30, 2024 are:
· A one-year sales tax holiday from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023, for baby and toddler clothes and shoes, providing $81.5 million in tax relief.
· A one-year sales tax holiday from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023, for children’s diapers, providing $38.9 million in tax relief.
· A one-year Energy Star Appliances sales tax holiday from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023, for washing machines, clothes dryers, water heaters, and refrigerators, providing $78.5 million in tax relief.
· A two-year sales tax holiday from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024, for impact resistant windows, doors, and garage doors, providing $442.8 million in tax relief.
· A one-month Fuel Tax Holiday from October 1, through October 31, 2022, saving Floridians $200 million by lowering the price of gas by 25.3 cents per gallon.
· A 3-month sales tax holiday for children’s books from May 14 through August 14, 2022, providing $3.3 million in tax relief.
· A 14-day Back-to-School sales tax holiday from July 25 through August 7, 2022, for clothing, shoes, backpacks, and school supplies, providing $100 million in tax relief.
· A 14-day Disaster Preparedness sales tax holiday from May 28 through June 10, 2022, for supplies such as flashlights, radios, tarps, batteries, and fire extinguishers, providing $25.6 million in tax relief.
· A 7-day Tool-Time sales tax holiday from September 3 through September 9, 2022, for tools and other home improvement items, providing $12.4 million in tax relief.
· A 7-day Freedom Week from July 1 to July 7, 2022, providing a sales tax exemption for specified admissions and items related to recreational activities, providing $70.6 million in tax relief.
Additionally, permanent tax relief provided in the legislation consists of various sales tax exemptions, corporate income tax credit expansions, and ad valorem tax and exemption provisions that will generate an additional $190 million in tax savings over two years and $140 million annually after that.